Please note, the hours for this position are from 3 pm – 11:30 pm.
This position requires an organized and detail oriented individual to work in a fast paced operations environment, while exhibiting good written, verbal and PC skills, with good interactive skills with customers.
• Ethical with sound judgement
• Possess a passion to help team members
• Reliable, follows through
• Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
• Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons.
• Perform task Safely
• Ensure area housekeeping requirements are met
• Abide by all OSHA rules and VANTEC Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc.’s safety practices
• Meet established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
• Daily interaction with customers
• Reconciling customer service issues
• Verifying daily receiving/shipping transactions are accurate
• Ensure customer reports, notifications and inquiries are completed timely
• Work with management to resolve and prevent customer service issues
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Attendance at assigned work facility is required
• Must be familiar with current software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel and able to work in multiple systems and able to input an retrieve data
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with various multi-task office operations preferred
• Ability to operate a personal computer fluently
• Ability to coordinate vendors and projects to completion
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
• Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (if applicable):
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see, talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit for prolonged periods of time. The employee is required use hands/fingers to handle or feel, lift, carry, and reach with hands, arms, shoulders, and legs. The employee is occasionally required to bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb or balance.
A large percentage of work time is spent in an office. A small amount of work time could be in the warehouse where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally).
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.