Responsible for providing onsite IT support of the end-user desktop environment in a warehouse environment. This position is accountable for triaging end-user issues as well as supporting management of IT assets including PCs, printers, mobile devices, phones, scanners, projectors and video conferencing units. Candidate will be expected to work with other IT teams to troubleshoot systems and networks critical for warehouse operations. Secondary responsibilities will include providing remote support for other locations as part of the IT Service Desk.
• Ethical with sound business judgement
• Possesses a passion to help team members
• Strong customer relations
• Reliable, follows through on commitments
• Goal-oriented, task driven
• Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
• Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
Essential Duties & Functional Responsibilities Required
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Performing tasks safely
• Ensuring area housekeeping requirements are met
• Abiding by all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. safety practices
• Meeting established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
• Meets attendance & punctuality standards
• Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, phone, ticketing system or email.
• Research questions using available information resources, knowledge base articles, training documentation, vendor support portals and forums.
• Update existing and create new support documentation for user and technical staff.
• Follow standard IT procedures and best practices in arriving at issue resolution.
• Log all IT Service Desk interactions and maintain communication logs in the ticketing system.
• Install, configure and troubleshoot all approved software as per company IT guidelines.
• Escalation of specific issues to appropriate teams.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention to team leads, branch managers and other appropriate resources.
• Track and route problems and requests through to completion, providing timely updates when applicable.
• Stay current with system information, changes, updates, software versions and escalation routing practices.
• Participate in or lead projects and daily operations as needed or assigned by the manager.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Manager
Primary systems of support are not limited to the following:
• Microsoft Windows 8.1/10/11
• Internet Explorer 11/Edge
• Active Directory Services
• Microsoft Office 2019/365
• Mobile devices
• VPN for remote access
• Microsoft SharePoint
• LAN, WAN and basic networking protocols
• Ticketing system
• Endpoint production system
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shipping, receiving, and inventory control of IT equipment.
• Contributions to the continuous improvement of processes.
• Miscellaneous daily and nightly projects such as hard drive wipes, machine imaging, profile rebuilds, phone wipes.
• Provide check lists and issue documentation of high level outages to appropriate parties.
• Deliver professional, clear and effective instructions to audiences at different levels within the organization and guide completion of tasks to ensure all steps are followed.
• Quickly change direction when working on multiple projects or issues.
• Team player with ability to work independently in a distributed work environment with flexibility to handle on-call responsibilities.
• Principles and processes for providing customer service including quality standards for services and evaluation of end user satisfaction.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Prioritizes and performs a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
• Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
• Adaptability to new equipment and technology to serve user needs.
• Ability to travel according to business needs
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Financial Management
• People Management
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Preferred Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
Previous Work Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ of experience in IT related areas or equivalent education
Education and Certifications
• High school diploma/GED or A+ certification
Experience Requirements and Preferences
• Logistics industry experience preferred
• Proven strong business acumen
• Working knowledge of IT policies and procedures
• Multi-lingual, with proficiency in English and Japanese a plus
• Working knowledge of common computer hardware, software and communication devices
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Fluency in English
• Must pass criminal background check
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Ability to work daily in a warehouse environment with exposure to elements consisting of dust and dirt
• Ability to work on different shifts schedules
• Ability to work in an environment with exposure to hazards or physical risks that require following basic safety precautions
• Must have reliable transportation to visit multiple warehouse locations
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Eighty percent of work time may be spent in various warehouse or other locations where the environment is not climate controlled (hot and cold seasonally). Twenty percent of the work time will be spent in an office setting where the environment is climate controlled.
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION – The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.