The International Freight Forwarding Account Executive is responsible for maintaining strong customer relationships with domestic and foreign Inbound and Outbound customers. This position will be responsible for creating new client partnerships as well as maintaining existing customer relationships.
- Possess a solid background in international transportation services with a working knowledge inbound services
- Ethical with sound business judgement
- Possess a passion to help team members
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
Essential Duties and Functional Responsibilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Perform tasks safely
- Ensure area housekeeping requirements are met
- Abide by all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc.’s safety practices
- Meet established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Meet all assigned sales and budget goals
- Prospect, develop, quote and close international transportation accounts in a geographic sales region
- Sell profitable new business to include: prospecting, cold calling, cultivating leads and networking.
- Design service solutions and make customized presentations to various decision-making audiences to close new business
- Maintain and increase revenue streams with current key accounts, to include: face to face visits, problem solving and administrative follow-up
- Plan and organize for growth using company tools, processes and technologies to manage/grow territory and document activity
- Report bi-weekly on personal itinerary, sales plan execution and market developments
- Ensure high post-sales satisfaction and positive long-term relationships
- Effectively and fairly deal with many constituents (colleagues, employees, agents, carriers, customers, etc.) via developed diplomacy and interpersonal skills to maximize sales and revenue growth within territory
- PC capabilities (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Be an ambassador of Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. in the freight forwarding industry and represent the company in a way that reflects positively at all times to our customers and partners
- Ability to travel extensively within a designated territory
- Any other duties as assigned by manager
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Educational and Experience
Requirements and Preferences
- Minimum 2 years successfully selling international transportation services (Air, Ocean, LCL, Brokerage)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to solve problems independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience interacting, developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Proven success in and improving quality, service, safety and client relationship in a fast-paced high-pressure setting
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work flexible hours according to business needs
- Will consider an energetic inside sales executive with at least 2 years’ experience in generating leads, quoting, and appointment setting, who is ready to make the move to direct sales
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ninety-five percent of the work time will be spent outside of the office setting. Five percent of work time may be spent in the office or other locations where the environment is climate controlled.
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION – The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.