This position requires excellent leadership skills along with the ability to monitor workflow, provide focus on production schedules and customer service. Lead daily operations team resulting in successful results that are reflected in established key performance indicators (KPIs). Additionally, must be able to communicate and interact with Senior Company Management and Customers in a productive and professional manner.
Brief Job Description
Coordinates and supervises the daily and weekly activities that occur within assigned area of the location/operation; provides leadership, motivation, training, and development of workforce; executes against customer/site requirements; participates in continuous improvement activities as part of the site management team and ensures company policies are followed and site develops positive work culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Attendance at assigned work facility
- Performing tasks safely
- Directing employee activity of the assigned area to ensuring area housekeeping requirements are met
- Abiding by all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. safety practices
- Meeting established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Communicating both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Managing assigned area to meet manpower requirements, equipment maintenance, work flow prioritization and daily scheduling.
- Review labor needs based on daily, weekly and monthly schedules
- Working with all departments, share labor and cross train as required for business needs
- Identifying labor needs, interviewing, monitor employee attendance, counsel, coach and administer corrective actions as necessary
- Directing, supervising, evaluating, training, and developing employees
- Managing employee interaction that includes: employee development, one on one coaching, walking through area during assigned shift, conflict resolution among associates, associates group meetings and trainings.
- Ensuring associates have appropriate tools to perform their assigned duties
- Communicating effectively both with management and their team
- Identify, correct and report inventory and location discrepancies.
- Collecting of data and reporting of established KPIs, quality reports, audits, financial reporting, material handling equipment reports, site or individual performance tracking and customer required reports
- Managing the Genba Kanri program within their assigned area of control
- Managing all assigned material and equipment
- Identifying process improvement, cost savings, and implement changes to achieve them
- Creating, entering data and managing Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Performing other duties as assigned by Manager
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1-2 year fast-paced logistics industry or manufacturing environment experience, automotive preferred
- Must have 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and regulations (OSHA)
- Ability make decisions in an objective manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational, people, and interviewing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Staff management; requires flexibility and understanding that all staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goal of the warehouse (facility management i.e. maintenance, sanitations, etc.)
- Ability to respond to situations in a prompt and professional manner
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
- Proven professional and sound judgment in the management of difficult and / or sensitive matters
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Intermediate / Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in multiple systems and ability to input and retrieve data are a must
- Attendance at the assigned work facility
- Fluency in English
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear, to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, and to frequently bend, stoop, and kneel. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and lift with arms, shoulder, and legs. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.