This role will primarily be responsible for the facilitation of HR services and support to teammates, stakeholders, and customers in our Jackson, GA facility. They will be support and administer HR policies, procedures and HR programs, including recruiting, legal compliance, best practices to ensure consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of HR practices. Including but not limited to:
• Handling employee relations
• Conducting investigations as necessary
• Recruiting, interviewing, and coordination of new hires, promotions, and changes in status
• Administration of termination documentation
• Ethical with sound business judgement
• Leadership, management, and interpersonal abilities to oversee the organization
• Possesses a passion to help team members
• Possesses a strong focus on the human capital and its impact to the success of the organization
• Strong customer relations
• Reliable, follows through on commitments
• Strong process and planning orientation
• Goal-oriented, task driven
• Enjoys being part of a team as well as leading one
• Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
• Ability to delegate to the right team members and the experience to know when to lead and when to delegate
• Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
Essential Duties & Functional Responsibilities Required
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform tasks safely
• Ensure area housekeeping requirements are met
• Abide by all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. safety practices
• Meet established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
• Meet attendance & punctuality standards
• Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
• HR Support / Personnel Administration
• Communicate daily with assigned facility management to ensure transparent communication and completion of objectives daily/weekly/ monthly
• Facilitate HR services / support to teammates managing all activities pertaining to recruitment, new hires, promotions, transfers and separations
• Administration of hiring, personnel and benefit process and files
• Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation for all staff hires
• Administration of termination / separation process as required including exit interviews
• Maintain HRIS and other HR data base information as required
• Monitor and review attendance records with managers to identify possible attendance issues
• Drive and maintain a high level of customer service to resolve general HR issues and questions
• Administer and/or direct with Corporate support the HR policies, procedures and programs including FMLA, Return to Work, ADAA, Worker’s Compensation to ensure internal and regulatory compliance for assigned area
• Conduct investigations as necessary to ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory agencies including OSHA, EEO and non-discrimination / harassment policies
• Assist with Employee Relations on a day to day basis
• Assist with Performance Management and Training Strategies
• Escalate employee, legal and /or regulatory issues as necessary
• Coach and counsel peer level and below in all areas of Human Resources Management and Compliance
• Contribute to Human Resources Strategic Initiatives as assigned
• Maintain high level of visibility to all employees on shop floor and administrative offices
• Responsible for the recruiting of exempt, non-exempt and hourly candidates to meet staffing requirements.
• Support the continuance of the work force structure by ensuring staffing projections, work force requirements, and staffing quantities are met.
• Support the maintenance of the facility staff and work force by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
• Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and maintains processes for tracking and evaluating recruiting efforts.
• Perform in-person and phone screening, interviewing and vetting of candidates.
• Coordinate interviews with hiring managers and assigned interviewers.
• Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc.
• Perform reference and background checks
• Make recommendations to company hiring managers
• Follow up on the interview process status
• Maintain relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
• Communicate employer information and benefits during screening process
• Stay current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
• Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
• Complete timely reports on employment activity
• Additional duties as assigned
Non -Essential Functions
• Other duties as assigned
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Financial Management
• People Management
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• No Supervisory responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
Previous Work Experience
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in distribution, manufacturing
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
• Equivalent work experience will be considered
Experience Requirements and Preferences
• Proven strong business acumen
• Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws required
• High level of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity and ability to exercise good judgement required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that changes rapidly to fit the needs of the organization required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Self-directed individual with the ability to manage work with minimal supervision and prioritize duties
• Collaborative HR professional with ability to build and maintain positive work relationships
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Fluency in English
• Must pass drug and criminal background check
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret spreadsheets
• Ability to respond effectively to customer requests and questions of the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Seventy-five percent of the work time will be spent in an office setting where the environment is climate controlled. Twenty-five percent of work time may be spent in various warehouse or other locations where the environment is not climate controlled (hot and cold seasonally).
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION – The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.