The successful candidate in this position will possess skills and experience which include knowledge of warehouse logistics, forklift operations, basic office and customer service skills. International air and ocean transportation, import/brokerage and export experience are a plus. This position requires excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task along with the knowledge to produce accurate workflow in a fast-paced, high-pressure freight forwarding operations and warehouse environment while positively contributing to the success of the team.
• Ethical with sound judgment
• Possess a passion to help team members
• Reliable, follows through
• Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
• Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform tasks safely
• Ensure area housekeeping requirements are met
• Abide by and knowledgeable in all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc.’s safety practices
• Meet established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
• Attendance at designated work facility
• Must be able to read, write and count
• Ability to work independently and in support of the team
• Ability to review work area and determine requirements.
• Safe operation of forklifts and other types of materials handling equipment
• Perform & document forklift safety inspections
• Safely load / unload trucks, trailers and ocean containers
• Accurately weigh, measure and document all shipments.
• Re-package, re-palletize and uncrate freight as directed
• Safe and orderly freight and product storage
• Maintaining a safe, secure, clean and orderly warehouse
• Accurate order picking
• Accurate inventory control and cycle counting
• Product inspection and re-packaging per customer specifications
• Process small parcel shipments (UPS / FedEx)
• Offsite supervision of loading, unloading and installation activities
• Arrange transport of local and regional shipments
• Ability to use radio to coordinate trailer movements with switcher to designated docks
• Create and retrieve bill of ladings, shippers and master labels from the trailer and verify parts match
• Ability to identify, document, and report damage to parts and trailers to supervision
• Ability to work in fast paced warehouse environment around moving powered industrial equipment
• Ability to perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE
REQUIREMENTS and PREFERENCES:
• Ability to understand all safety requirements and regulations (OSHA)
• Two plus years of verifiable experience safely operating sit-down cushion tire forklift
• Experience handling oversize / heavy freight (5,000 lbs. – 20,000 lbs.) is a plus
• Must be able to read, write and count
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Work & Excel
• Working knowledge of 5S and Lean Concepts
• Experience with WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) is a plus
• Requires flexibility and understanding that all staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goal of the warehouse
• Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
• Attendance at assigned work facility
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
• Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (if applicable):
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk or sit for prolonged periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend crouch or crawl frequently; talk or hear consistently; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work time is spent in a warehouse environment around moving powered industrial equipment, where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally), and frequently may be subjected to loud noises.
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who
have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.