The successful candidate in this position will possess skills and experience which include knowledge of warehouse logistics. This positions requires an organized and detail-oriented individual to work in a fast paced warehouse operations environment, while exhibiting good written, verbal and PC skills, with good interactive skills with customers.
• Ethical with sound judgment
• Possess a passion to help team members
• Reliable, follows through
• Balances team’s needs with goals of organization
• Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED:
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform tasks safely
• Ensure area housekeeping requirements are met
• Abide by all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. safety practices
• Meet established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
• Meet attendance & punctuality standards
• Communicate both orally and in writing with a clear and concise manner
• Read and comprehend SOP’s, work instructions, email and documents; measure and count accurately; write legibly
• Follow established procedures and meet or exceed safety, quality and productivity standards
• Create and/or retrieve bill of ladings, shipping documents and labels
• Arrange transport of local and regional shipments. Follow up to assure timely pick-ups and/or deliveries.
• Accurately process small parcel shipments (UPS / FedEx)
• Accurate inventory control and cycle counting
• Maintain a safe, secure, clean and orderly warehouse
• Continuously review condition of work areas and suggest / implement corrective actions and improvements
• Ability to send and receive messages and documents to both internal and external customers
• Compile, verify, record and process forms and documents
• Ability to use the WMS to plan, allocate, and manage the daily orders in the system
• Can accurately receive and ship material through the WMS
• Build knowledge of department policies & procedures in order to improve efficiencies as well as timely and accurate results
• Ability to set priorities and be able to multi-task with conflicting priorities
• Ability to work flexible hours as business needs dictate
• Provide administrative support to Manager and Supervisors
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Project Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
PREFERED QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES and WORKING CONDITIONS
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work in multiple systems
• Ability to input and retrieve data are a must
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and regulations (OSHA)
• Experience in a logistics or manufacturing environment, automotive experience preferred
• Requires flexibility and understanding that all staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goal of the warehouse
• Ability to respond to situations in a prompt and professional manner
• Energetic and highly motivated to succeed
• Attendance at the assigned work facility
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
• Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (if applicable):
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear, to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, and to frequently bend, stoop, and kneel. The employee is frequently required to walk, reach with hands and lift with arms, shoulder, and legs. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and repetitively lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Work time is spent in a warehouse environment around moving powered industrial equipment, where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally), and frequently may be subjected to loud noises.
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.